|Map||Basic Data||Planetary Image|
Uranus is one of the worlds of the Sol System.
Never habitable, the planet nonetheless has been host to orbiting Human space colonies, most notably the Azurites. During the Dark Age of Technology, Humanity built a stable Warp route known as the Elysian Gate at Uranus which allowed for rapid and easy transitions, bypassing the standard Mandeville Points method.[3a]
During the Horus Heresy Uranus and the Elysian Gate became the center of Rogal Dorn's Second Sphere of defense around the Sol System under the command of Imperial Fists Captain Halbrecht. In the subsequent Solar War the Uranus region was the site of massive fighting as the Iron Warriors launched an assault to capture the Elysian Gate.[3a] Perturabo was successful in capturing Uranus, but after the Siege of Terra Uranus was reclaimed by the Imperium during the Great Scouring.
10,000 years later during the Indomitus Crusade Fleet Quintus mustered at Uranus when suspected sabotage caused the Battleship Embrace of Fire to explode while cycling up its Warp Drives. This created a catastrophic chain reaction which devastated much of the fleet and caused debris to rain down on Uranus for days afterwards, causing considerable damage to the planet.
- Ariel - Moon used as mining station
- Umbriel - Moon used as heavily fortified station during the Horus Heresy.[3b]
- Oberon - Moon used as heavily fortified station during the Horus Heresy.[3b]
- Cordelia - Home to large habitat. Used as heavily fortified station during the Horus Heresy.[3b]
- Elysian Gate - One of the two stable Warp gates of the Sol System, built during the Dark Age of Technology. The gate allows one to bypass the System's Mandeville Points, making it strategically vital.[3a]
- Tau-16-1 - Mechanicum outpost.[3b]
- Cadum Station - Orbital station.[3b]
- 1: The Horus Heresy Book Three, pgs. 74–75
- 2: Praetorian of Dorn (Novel), Part 4, Chapter 1
- 3: The Solar War (Novel)
- 4: Warhammer 40,000 5th Edition Rulebook, pg. 124
- 5: Avenging Son (Novel) Chapter 20