|Map||Basic Data||Planetary Image|
|Sector:||Belt of Iron|
|Tithe Grade:||Aptus Non|
Contact with Urdesh was first established by the Explorator Fleets of Mars during the Great Crusade. During the Age of Strife the world had lost much, including the knowlkedge to build new Titans. It proved of great interest to the Imperium thanks to it possessing the knowledge required to produce vast numbers of arms for the Imperial Army. The world peacefully assimilated into the Imperium after being offered a chance to replenish their Titan Legion, the Legio Damicium.
During the Great Crusade Urdesh was still only a minor world in the Belt of Iron that fed the war machine of the Imperial Army. When the Horus Heresy began the world was desperate to maintain its sizable Titan Legion and was dependent on Mars for aid, which saw it join the forces of the Warmaster. During the Heresy they ferried supplies into Segmentum Solar, aiding the traitor Mechanicum in establishing small cells of saboteurs that worked to undermine Imperial defenses around Terra. For this crime Malcador the Sigillite dispatched a force of Legio Ignatum from Terra, which together with loyalists in the Belt of Iron purged the planet in the final stages of the Cataclysm of Iron.[4a]
Sabbat Worlds Crusade
Despite heavy Imperial resistance, the world was captured by Chaos forces midway through the Sabbat Worlds Crusade. This was a grievous loss for the Imperial Crusade Force as the advancing Chaos armies were now equipped with Urdeshi pattern weapons and vehicles. However, a fierce Imperial counter-offensive aimed at the world of Phantine managed to recapture Urdesh and stop the Chaos flanking maneuver that was aiming for the weak underbelly of the Imperial Crusade.
Urdeshi Pattern Arms
- AT70 "Reaver" Pattern Battle Tank
- AT83 "Brigand" Pattern Super Tank
- N20 Halftrack[Needs Citation]
- U90 Assault Cannon
- 50th Urdesh Regular
- Urdeshi 6th Light- Participated in the Liberation of Urdesh from Chaos forces.
- Urdeshi 10th Storm Troop- Participated in the Liberation of Urdesh from Chaos forces.
- Urdeshi 7th Storm Troop- Participated in the Liberation of Phantine alongside the Tanith First and Only, Krassian 6th, and Phantine Air Corp. The regiment was devastated during the Battle for Cirenholm due to a mixture of poor planning, bad luck, and the recklessness of their commanding officer, Colonel Zhyte. The regiment accounted for almost all Imperial losses during the battle, which resulted in a grave blow to their reputation and their removal from frontline action.
- Colonel Zhyte: The ill-tempered and brutish commanding officer of the 7th. His poor leadership and arrogance resulted in hundreds of Urdeshi dead during the attack on Cirenholm. He was sent to a Veteran's Hospice located on Fortis Binary following the end of the battle due to his legs being severed by an activating shield.
- Lieutenant Belthini: An officer subordinate to Colonel Zhyte. Killed during the Battle for Cirenholm.
- Lieutenant Shenko: Second in Command of the 7th Urdesh. Made commanding officer following Colonel Zhyte's departure.
- Recon-Officer Kadakedenz: The commanding scout officer of the 7th. He was notorious for getting on Colonel Zhyte's bad side which resulted in him often being scolded and verbally abused. He was killed during the Battle for Cirenholm after being nearly eviscerated by las-fire.
- Comms-Trooper Gerrishon: Colonel Zhyte's vox officer. He was killed by a headshot during the Battle for Cirenholm.
- Cawkus - trooper
- 1: Imperial Armour Volume One - Imperial Guard and Imperial Navy, pg. 8
- 2: Gaunt's Ghosts (Novel Series), [Needs Citation]
- 3: Midnight Rotation (Short Story)
- 4: Adeptus Titanicus: Crucible of Retribution pg.15
- 4a: pg.30-31