Possessing a killing power surpassing most armaments of their size, Volkites were little-understood and difficult to replicate on even the most capable Mechanicus Forge Worlds. Volkite weapons could Deflagrate organic matter, explosively burning flesh into ash and jetting fire. A direct hit by a Volkite weapon could cause a target to simply combust, often taking nearby comrades with them.
At one point they were relatively common in the fledgling Space Marine Legions, but by the time of the Horus Heresy were a rarity and had been replaced by the more flexible and easy to manufacture bolter. The loss of Forge Worlds during The Horus Heresy sped the decline of Volkite weapons in the Imperium.
Telerac pattern weapons are far more ancient and ill-omened than even those designated 'Proteus', the name implying dark associations with the technological horrors of the Age of Strife. The shortage of reliable supplies of Volkite weaponry saw many Telerac pattern weapons restored to service, and carefully maintained in the Space Marine armouries.
- Volkite Serpenta - Pistol
- Volkite Blaster
- Volkite Charger - Infantry Weapon
- Volkite Caliver - Heavy Weapon
- Volkite Culverin - Heavy Weapon
- Volkite Carronade - Heavy Weapon mounted on the Glaive
- Volkite Sentinel - Vehicle-mounted weapons controlled by a Servitor brain. They are found on larger Mechanicum war engines such as the Triaros Armoured Conveyer.
- Volkite Incinerator - Purpose-designed ray weapon mounted into the chest of Ursarax troops.
- Volkite Demi-Culverin - Mounted on the Leman Russ Incinerator
- Volkite Chieorovile - Mounted on Imperial Knights
- Volkite Veuglaire - Used on the Knight Moirax.
A Volkite Charger
A Volkite Culverin
In the center an Iron Warrior fires an Volkite Charger on Tallarn
- 1: The Horus Heresy Book One - Betrayal, pg. 233
- 2: The Horus Heresy Book Five - Tempest, pg. 92
- 3: The Horus Heresy - Book Two: Massacre, pg. 103
- 4: Forge World (last accessed 13 January 2016)
- 5: The Horus Heresy Book Three, pgs. 224-225
- 6: FW Volkite Culverin with power pack (last accessed 13 January 2016)
- 7: Codex: Cult Mechanicus (7th Edition) - Weapons of Enlightenment