Warhammer Adventures is a line of young adult books set in the Warhammer 40,000 and Age of Sigmar universes. Unlike most Warhammer 40,000 material, Warhammer Adventures is specifically aimed at young readers 8-12.
Books in series
- Attack of the Necron (Novel) by Cavan Scott
- City of Lifestone by Tom Huddleston (Age of Sigmar)
- Claws of the Genestealer by Cavan Scott
- Lair of the Skaven by Tom Huddelston (Age of Sigmar)
- Secrets of the Tau (Novel) by Cavan Scott
- War of Orks (Novel) by Cavan Scott
- Plague of the Nurglings (Novel) by Cavan Scott
- Tomb of the Necron (Novel) by Cavan Scott
The announcement of Warhammer Adventures met with mixed reaction among the traditional fanbase of the Warhammer 40,000 hobby. Many fans responded negatively to the announcement, citing that a children's story has little place in an intrinsically dark setting filled with violence, Daemons, and brutal autocracy. Fans cited the character of Zelia Lor as an example of the inherent problems with the concept of a children's friendly Warhammer 40,000 series, wondering how a character who dislikes weapons could possibly survive in the 41st Millennium where according to Games Workshop There is only war.
At the same time, the reaction from many fans was also supportive. They saw it as a positive way to encourage new fans into the hobby in an appropriate way, cited its positive inclusivity, and noted many expressed the opinion they wished these had been available when they were younger. They also countered the view that this would in any way 'dilute' the main line, arguing that there was no evidence whatsoever that this was happening.
- 1: Official Website
- 2: Spikybits
- 3: Track of Words
- 4: Black Library
- 5: Warhammer Community
- 6: https://www.simonandschuster.com/books/Plague-of-the-Nurglings/Cavan-Scott/Warhammer-Adventures-Warped-Galaxies/9781789990362 Simon and Schuster: Warhammer Adventures: Plague of the Nurglings] (last accessed 6/19/2020)