White Dwarf 453
|Preceded by||White Dwarf 452|
|Followed by||White Dwarf 454|
White Dwarf is Games Workshop's premium Warhammer magazine, packed with amazing content each month such as new rules and background, short stories, regular columns, special guests and more.
Since January 2020, the magazine is again issued under a serial number, given the numbering from previous months.
- Four pages of letters and photographs sent in by you, our readers. Plus, two pages of Kill Teams by Lars Sammet.
Worlds of Warhammer
- Phil Kelly presents forty fascinating facts about the 41st Millennium.
Inside the Studio
- What we've been building, painting and playing in the studio this month.
WARHAMMER AGE OF SIGMAR
The Tome Celestial
- New rules and background for the Tithe Legion of Vokmortian, Master of the Bone-tithe and voice of Nagash, including three brand-new warscroll battalions.
- Four pages of stage-by-stage painting guides for the Mortis Praetorians. Classic and Contrast Methods, as well as Battle Ready and Parade Ready for your convenience.
Rules of Engagement
- Jervis joins us this month to chat about the iterative games design process. We assume it involves rolling a D6.
The War for Hallost
- The campaign in the Realm of Death continues this month in the Booming Scar, and it includes a new map!
- Golden Demon winner Neil Hollis joins us to show off his latest project that he intends on submitting to an upcoming Golden Demon competition.
REALM OF CHAOS – WARHAMMER 40,000 & WARHAMMER AGE OF SIGMAR
Realms of Chaos: Khorne
- Blood, so much blood! And some skulls, too, in this modelling and painting article for the goriest of all the realms.
- Four pages of painting advice for Khorne. If you don't like blood, look away now.
Echoes from the Warp
- Robin Cruddace and his rules-writing colleagues recount recent team tournament adventures.
- The Great Rift dominates all in these two short stories by Aaron Dembski-Bowden.
- The Indomitus Crusade – the greatest and most noble of undertakings, yet fraught with dark deeds and terrible secrets …
- New rules for Deathwatch! Includes new Stratagems, Combat Doctrines and abilities for the alien-hunting elite of the Adeptus Astartes.
Creating a Monster
- Miniatures designer Maxime Pastourel and ’Eavy Metal painter Max Faleij talk about creating Ghazghkull Thraka, including specific detail on painting this monstrous miniature.
Birth of a Chapter
- The White Dwarf team talk about creating their own Space Marine Chapter. Ooooh!
Faith & Fire – Part III
- Sisters Miriya and Verity continue their hunt for Torris Vaun in the serialisation of James Swallow's novel.
Back from the Dead
- Don't you just hate it when your leader dies? Well, perhaps they don't have to… Includes brand-new rules for bringing your favorite fighters back from the dead.
MIDDLE-EARTH STRATEGY BATTLE GAME
Rohan Shall Burn!
- This month’s Battle Report pitches the Uruk-hai of Isengard against a fortress of Rohan. Battering rams are involved.
Warbands of Carngrad – A Tale of Four Warbands
- Four members of the White Dwarf team, four warbands, four glorious campaigns into the wastelands of the Bloodwind Spoil.
WARHAMMER QUEST: BLACKSTONE FORTRESS
- Brand-new rules for using the Deathwatch Watch Master as an Army of One in games of Blackstone Fortress. Alien scum beware!
- Dave Sanders reminisces about the evolution of Warhammer Underworlds.
The Great Cycle
- The Wurmspat join the war in Beastgrave in this short story by Phil Kelly.
|Issues for the 8th Edition of Warhammer 40,000|
|2017||June 2017||July 2017||August 2017||September 2017||October 2017||November 2017||December 2017|
|2018||January 2018||February 2018||March 2018||April 2018||May 2018||June 2018||July 2018||August 2018||September 2018||October 2018||November 2018||December 2018|
|2019||January 2019||February 2019||March 2019||April 2019||May 2019||June 2019||July 2019||August 2019||September 2019||October 2019||November 2019||December 2019|