From Warhammer 40k - Lexicanum
(Redirected from Wilderness Space)
Wilderness Space is the name used by humans to refer to all areas of space that have not yet been explored or charted by the Imperium. These regions can be unexplored for many reasons:
- Simply unexplored — Imperial explorers have yet to travel to this space.
- Access prevented — large swathes of the galaxy are covered with warp storms and other stellar phenomena and so are inaccessible.
- Not worth exploring — some regions of the galaxy are probably not worth sending a fleet to explore, such as the Halo Stars.
- Beyond the Astronomican — these regions are harder to explore because of the absence of the guiding light of the Emperor, see Fringes.
- 1: Codex Imperialis (Background Book), pgs. 8-9