Ceramite is a form of ceramic material, used in higher-end types of Imperial armour such as carapace armour, power armour and Tactical Dreadnought Armour. Ceramite conducts almost no heat, making it especially heat-resistant and effective against energy-based weapons.
Ceramite is a kind of bonded ceramic armour, especially tough, but light. Repairs are made by setting new layers of ceramite over existing ones. Unlike metal, Ceramite doesn’t rupture or dent on impact and it takes a projectile of considerable power and high calibre to break through it.
Ceramite is a high thermal tolerance ceramo-metallic hyper alloy. 
- 1: Inquisitor Rulebook, pg. 84
- 2: Warhammer Community - Power Armour Through the Ages (last accessed 19 January 2019)
- 3: Avenging Son (Novel), chapter 21, pg. 289
- Warhammer 40,000 3rd Edition Rulebook, [Needs Citation]
- Warhammer 40,000: Wargear (2nd Edition), [Needs Citation]