Those of the Destroyer Cults are Necrons who have descended into apparent madness and are considered untrustworthy and dangerous by their own kind[1a]. They are agents of annihilation whose sole reason for existence is centered around an unshakable yearning to cleanse the universe of life. Unlike most other Necrons those of the Destroyer Cults do not wish to reverse Biotransference and regain their organic forms, instead they have heavily modified themselves to better kill their foes. Members of the Destroyer Cult can be found on every Tomb World and been seen among every social class in Necron society. What impels them to join the Cult is unknown, but some suspect a subconscious imperative programmed into their command protocols - possibly by the C'tan.[1b] Destroyer Cultists are outcasts in their own society, with most Necrons believing their madness to be infectious. However Dynasties still find them useful shock troops.
Such is the hatred of life that members of the Destroyer Cult hold that they will relentlessly scour down a planets organisms down to the microscopic level. These include plants and bacteria and even oceans, which they will boil with their weaponry. Even if it takes decades, Destroyers will never cease in their purge.
Destroyer Cult Forces
- Lokhust Lord[1a]
- Skorpekh Lord
- Lokhust Destroyer
- Lokhust Heavy Destroyer
- Skorpekh Destroyer
- Hexmark Destroyer
- Ophydian Destroyer
- 1: Codex: Necrons (8th Edition)
- 2: Warhammer Community: Warhammer 40,000 Preview – What’s in the Box? (Posted on 13/06/2020) (Last accessed on 13 June 2020)
- 3: Warhammer Community: Warhammer Preview Online: Shadow, Iron & Broken Realms (Posted on 22/08/2020) (Last accessed on 22 August 2020)
- 4: Warhammer Community: The Codex Show (Posted on 12/9/2020) (Last accessed on 12 September 2020)
- 5: The Infinite and the Divine (Novel) Act 2 Chapter 1
- 6: Codex: Necrons (9th Edition) pg.19