The Horus Heresy Book Eight - Malevolence
|Preceded by||The Horus Heresy Book Seven - Inferno|
The Horus Heresy Book Eight – Malevolence is the latest chapter in the Horus Heresy saga, bringing two new Space Marine Legions, armies of Daemons and more to your Age of Darkness games.
As the traitor Warmaster Horus and his armies burn their way across the Imperium, their sights fixed on Terra, the Dark Gods' plans for other Legions unfold in the dark places of the galaxy.
A hidden war rages, as the Daemons of the Ruinstorm manifest in reality in numbers undreamt of, laying waste to worlds and trying to bring more of the Primarchs under their masters' sway. Chief among their targets is the angel Sanguinius, whose Legion has been deployed to the Signus Cluster where horror awaits him.
Elsewhere, the proud and savage White Scars cleanse the Chondax system of greenskins, but the Alpha Legion wage a war of stealth and deception against their erstwhile brothers. Will the White Scars and Blood Angels fall to the lures of their enemy, or hold firm in defence of the Imperium?
Malevolence contains extensive background on the wars that rage across the Imperium's fringes, including the Betrayal at Chondax and the Battle of Signus, as well as details of the Daemonic hordes that assail the Imperium. In addition, it details the Blood Angels and White Scars Space Marine Legions, their heraldry, history and traditions. There's also loads of rules content, including characters and units from these Legions, army lists, and two complete campaign systems based on the major battles from the book. Inside, you will find:
– Legiones Astartes Appendix: The Blood Angels – special rules, wargear, units and characters
– Legiones Astartes Appendix: The White Scars – special rules, wargear, units and characters
– Daemons of the Ruinstorm – army list, special rules and psychic powers
– Talons of the Emperor – special rules, wargear and a variety of units
– Space Marine Legion Army List additions
– Psyarkana – relics of the Great Crusade
– The Signus Prime Campaign – includes campaign rules, armies and 3 special missions
– The Chondax Campaign – includes campaign rules and 5 deception missions split across two campaign phases