The Horus Heresy Book Nine - Crusade
|Preceded by||The Horus Heresy Book Eight - Malevolence|
As the Warmaster Horus sets in motion his plans to conquer Terra, a vicious and bloody battle breaks out on the Eastern Fringe. The Night Lords begin a war of terror in the Thramas System and the Dark Angels race to stop them. What follows are some of the most vicious conflicts of the entire heresy, with no quarter given on either side. As the Night Haunter slips into total madness, can Lion El'Jonson defeat his brother, or will Thramas burn in the name of the Warmaster?
Crusade contains extensive background on the Thramas campaign fought between the Dark Angels and the Night Lords, and it delves into the history, traditions and heraldry of both Legions. There is also a new Horus Heresy army list for the Dark Angels and an updated one for the Night Lords, plus there are additional units for any Space Marines Legion and extra choices for the Solar Auxilia, Imperialis Militia, and Cults. The book also features four new missions that let you recreate parts of the Thramas campaign, and new options for campaigns including Grand Stratagems, pressing Tactical Advantages and Warlord/Named Character deaths.
– A detailed background of the brutal Thramas campaign
– A history of the Dark Angels Legion
– A look at the Night Lords and their descent into heresy
– Legiones Astartes Appendix: Dark Angels – special rules, wargear, units, and Characters
– Legiones Astartes Appendix: Night Lords – special rules, wargear, units, and Characters
– Army list additions for Space Marines, Solar Auxilia, Imperialis Militia, and Cults
- 1: Warhammer Community: The Next Stages of the Horus Heresy (Posted November 20 2019) (Last accessed 11/20/2019)
- 2: Forgeworld: The Horus Heresy Book Nine Crusade (last accessed 9/12/2020)