Servants of the Machine-God (Anthology)
Servants of the Machine-God is an anthology of short stories about the Adeptus Mechanicus.
It is the 41st millennium and humanity teeters on the brink of destruction. Yet out of the darkness comes a cold hope. The Adeptus Mechanicus are logical, remote beings of cybernetic construction. Their armour is a work of mechanical art, their weapons unparalleled in intelligent design. One of the most hostile fighting forces of the Imperium, the Priesthood of Mars serves justice upon their enemies with forbidding momentum. Though nominally allied with mankind, it is in the name of the Omnissiah that their mighty war machines step forth into the cauldron of war, for the Machine God alone is worthy of their sacrifice and neither man nor xenos can deter them from their single purpose of championing his dominion. This anthology contains a dozen gripping tales about the formidable Titans, Imperial Knights, battle-servitors and skitarii legions with which the Adeptus Mechanicus wage war, written by some of Black Library’s most popular authors, including Graham McNeill, Gav Thorpe, David Guymer and David Annandale.
- Defiant (Short Story) by Andy Clark
- Becoming (Short Story) by Andy Clark
- Knights of the Imperium (Novella) by Graham McNeill
- Gates of the Devourer (Short Story) by David Annandale
- Of Gods and Men (Short Story) by Andy Smillie
- Hunting Ground (Short Story) by Ian St. Martin
- Vengeance of the Immortal (Short Story) by Gav Thorpe
- The Zheng Cipher (Short Story) by Josh Reynolds
- Clade (Short Story) by Rob Sanders
- Vanguard (Short Story) by Peter Fehervari
- The Enigma of Flesh (Short Story) by C.L. Werner
- Infinite Circuit (Short Story) by David Guymer