|This article is about the Blood Angel; for the Thousand Son, see Herume Aphael.|
He took part in the battle against the Necron World Engine, in which the 2nd and 4th Companies of the Blood Angels were deployed, and it was at his suggestion that a permanent shrine be raised on the world of Safehold as a monument to the Astral Knights chapter, which had sacrificed every one of its Battle-Brothers to destroy the Necron menace.[1b]
The 2nd Company later battled the Ork Warboss Gutstompa in the Battle for Antax. Like all Blood Angels, Aphael is vulnerable to the Red Thirst and temporarily succumbed to it in the battle against Gutstompa.[1c] He was also a major Blood Angels commander during the Diamor Campaign.
- 1: Codex: Blood Angels (5th Edition)
- 2: Shield of Baal: Exterminatus (E-book), Aphael's Blooded
- 3: Codex: Blood Angels (7th Edition) (E-book), Sons of Sanguinius
- 4: Black Crusade: Traitor's Hate — Chapter 2
- 5: Black Crusade: Angel's Blade, pg. 82