|Colour Scheme||House Info||Symbol|
The House has its origins among Scions stranded on Mars during the Age of Strife and soon became sworn to the world. They were however not originally intended to stand guard over Mars, but Warp Storms and galactic chaos forced them to remain on the world. During this time they engaged in foes against the fledgling Mechanicum such as the degenerate Cy-Carnivora hordes. Due to this history, they had strong ties to the Cult Mechanicus. Its members are said to exchange a single organ for an augmented counterpart come their ascension to the Throne Mechanicum Further augmentation would be borne by more seasoned warriors, with the greatest sign of devotion being permanent entombment within their Knight armor. Because of this extreme religious practice in defiance of the Imperial Truth, during the Great Crusade they tended to only be stationed solely in Mechanicum fleets.
By the outbreak of the Horus Heresy, they numbered some 383 Knights, with over 100 in sealed vaults awaiting pilots. Over half of this number were on Mars during the outbreak of the Horus Heresy, with none surviving the civil war there though there are some reports of some Knights of Zavora instead siding with the traitorous Kelbor-Hal. The House took part in the loyalist Defence of Ryza, regaining a measure of its former glory due to their heroic actions.
The ties of House Zavora to Mars influenced much of their traditions. These include being inducted into the baser mysteries of the Mechanicum's secret arts such as bearing esoteric augmentation or even permanent sealing within their Knight armor as the ultimate sign of their devotion.
- Omnissiah's Will - Knight Porphyrion piloted by Gafrali Bex, who was permanently sealed within the suit.
- Veiled Hunter - Knight Errant piloted by Vincent Nayadayus, seen as one of the House's preeminent beast slayers during the Great Crusade due to his performance against the bio-colossi of the Gransathian Dominion. His record saw him appointed Seneschal of War for those not located on Mars during the Horus Heresy. Over the war he scored three Titan kills and wrote several tactical manifests that were disseminated to loyalist Households.
- 1: Warhammer Community: The Defence of Ryza: The Story (Posted on 23/07/2020) (Last accessed on 23 July 2020)
- 2: Adeptus Titanicus: The Defence of Ryza pg.60-61
- 3: Adeptus Titanicus: Loyalist Legios, pgs. 134-137