A Jump Pack is a back mounted device containing turbines or jets powerful enough to lift even a user in Power Armour.
A jump pack greatly enhances a warrior's mobility by allowing him to travel quickly across the battlefield, making great bounding leaps over obstructions and launching him into the melee of close combat. Its roaring engines cam also slow the wearer's descent when leaping from low-flying aircraft, allowing him to Deep Strike with relative safety directly into the fray.
- Mk.IV Maximus Pattern - used by Space Marines clad in Mk.IV Power Armour, this unusual design had a single thruster with smaller maneuvering jets.
- Mk.VII Pattern - Standard design used by Assault Marines
- Enigmatus Pattern Jump Pack - used by the Firewing of the Dark Angels during the Horus Heresy.
- Valkyris Pattern - used by the Space Wolves
- Winged Jump Pack - used by the Sanguinary Guard of the Blood Angels
Notable Jump Packs
- 1: Codex: Chaos Space Marines (4th Edition), pg. 85
- 2: Codex: Space Wolves (5th Edition), pg. 59
- 3: Forge World
- 4: Munitorum: Jump Packs (Background Book)
- 5: The Horus Heresy Book Five - Tempest, pg. 166
- 6: Hunt for Voldorius (Novel), Chapter 9