Kanak Skull Takers
The Kanaks are savage, tattooed warriors and are easily able to match the brutality of races such as Orks. It is also said that (much like the Catachans) many of these tribes are closer to an Ogryn than a baseline human being, both in size and attitude. Their talent for slaughter quickly found its way into the Imperial Guard, where considerable tolerance for their feral tactics has been seen. Like many feral regiments, service in the Imperial Guard is intended to teach the savage Kanak Imperial ways, so that if they ever return to their homeworld, they will hopefully provide a civilising influence to the rest of the indigenous population. Kanak warriors are armed for close combat, and regiments are known to utilize Ogryns and Rough Riders.
Weapons & Equipment
Instead of normal Lasguns, Kanak Skull Takers infantry carry various forms of close combat weapons and Laspistols. Some even wield two primitive weapons. They prefer Flamers, but rarely use heavy weapons, due to the feral nature of the regiments.
Notable Campaigns & Engagements
- 999.M41 — Donoria Sector. After the Warpstorm codified Inchoate Rage caused a Webway breach in the Donoria Sector, thousands of Donorian Fiends rampaged across Donoria Prime for months. The 838th to 841st Kanak Skulltakers, alongside the 331st Vitrian Dragoons and 122nd Savlar Chem-Dogs regiments, were ordered to put down the infestation and close the Webway breach. Only after the 198th Cadians arrived on Donoria Prime to reinforce their comrades was it discovered that they had disappeared, along with the Donorian fiends, leaving behind nothing save idling vehicles. Two other planets in the Donoria sector were also devoid of any intelligent life. No evidence pointing to a culprit was ever found, save that of a calling card featuring a steel serpent pinned to the dead planetary governor's head.
- M42 - Argovon Campaign[4a][4b]
- 838th, 839th, 840th, and 841st Kanak Skull Takers Regiments — Disappeared on Donoria Prime under mysterious circumstances.
Because the Term Kanake is a derogatory word in German-speaking countries, the name was changed from Kanak to Chanak in the German translation of the 3rd Edition Codex.
- 1: Codex: Imperial Guard (3rd Edition, 2nd Codex), pg. 61
- 2: Gathering Storm: Fracture of Biel-Tan, pg. 37
- 3: Imperial Guard Collector's Guide, pg. 4
- 4:: White Dwarf 458