|This article is about the the planets. For other uses of Sabbat Worlds, see Sabbat Worlds (disambiguation).|
Made up of over 100 star systems[5a], the Sabbat Worlds region is subdivided into several discrete territories, most notably the Newfound Trailing Group, the Khan Group, the Cabal Systems, the Carcaradon Cluster, and the Erinyes Group. It is rumoured that the Blood Pact originally came from a system here. First annexed for Imperial colonization in M35, the name Sabbat refers to the area's original redeemer, Saint Sabbat.
By M37 humanity was well established throughout the region, with an estimated population of roughly five trillion and a thriving local infrastructure. However, due to its exposure to the eternal threat of the outer dark along the rim, it was ever disputed. Throughout M38 the region suffered a series of brutal wars and conflicts with the barbaric Archenemy tribes of the Sanguinary Worlds, located further rimwards of the spinward extent of the Sabbat Worlds, and became known as a "troublesome province" to the Administratum.
Things became vastly worse for the human population during M41, however. A charismatic, brutal Archon rallied the tribes of the Sanguinary Worlds to war, and a series of assaults began trailward into the region. The assault was thought at first to be a return to the conflict of M38, but in the years following 600.M41, it became impossible to ignore the true threat. The ruinous powers had decided to take the whole region.
The Imperium never intended to abandon the Sabbat Worlds, but the attacking force was underestimated from the beginning, and the defenders stood little chance. Some held out for as long as a century, but by 740.M41, the Sabbat Worlds were in the hands of Chaos, and the area was reclassified "unstable/hazardous", and the next year, the Civitas Imperialis was officially suspended, and the sector Governor forced to remove himself from Khan Nobilis to the neighbouring sector.
Since this time, a Crusade has been launched to free the Sabbat Worlds from the hands of the Archon, and to reclaim this area for the Golden Throne. Frightening losses have been suffered, and the threat of the Archon's forces has proved to be a true danger to the Imperium of Man, but there is no reason to doubt that the forces of the Sabbat Worlds Crusade will succeed.[Needs Citation]
- Ambold Eleven[5a]
- Antioch 148
- Formal Prime
- Fornax Aleph[5a]
- Fortis Binary — Forge World.[3a]
- Guspedin — Hive World.[3b]
- Long Halent
- Menazoid Epsilon — Death World.[3c][5a]
- Menazoid Sigma[3c]
- Ramillies 268-43[5d]
- Solypsis — Industrial World.
- Spurtis Elipse[5a]
- Tanith — Dead World. Former Forest World.[5b]
- Typhon Eight — Ice Moon.[5g]
- Verghast — Hive World/Industrial World.
- 1: The Sabbat Worlds Crusade (Background Book), [Needs Citation]
- 2: A Ghost Return (Short Story) — The Founding (Omnibus)
- 3: First and Only (Novel) — The Founding (Omnibus)
- 4: Of Their Lives in the Ruins of Their Cities (Short Story) — The Founding (Omnibus)
- 5: Ghostmaker (Novel) — The Founding (Omnibus)
- 6: Necropolis (Novel) — The Founding (Omnibus), Epigraph before Chapter One
- 7: GW Online: Community: Campaign: Arming for the Sabbat Crusade (archived page, last accessed via Wayback Machine 27th June 2021)