Codex: Chaos Daemons (8th Edition)
|Preceded by||Codex: Chaos Daemons - Daemonic Incursion Edition|
Beyond the boundaries of space and time, the Chaos Gods observe the galaxy with ancient and malevolent eyes. To these terrible entities, realspace is simply a battlefield, and its inhabitants mere pawns in the grandest game of all – the struggle for ultimate dominion between the Ruinous Powers themselves. Their truest servants, who fight this war in their names, are the daemons created in their own image: creatures of staggering power, horrifying aspect and exceptional cruelty.
- The Chaos Gods & Their Infernal Legions: descriptions of the warp, the maddening realm that the Chaos Gods call home, and of the major Chaos Gods — Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch and Nurgle — along with their servants, the Chaos Daemons
- Examples of the compositions of daemonic forces for the 4 Chaos Gods – the Scintillating Legions, the Plague Legions, the Blood Legions and the Legions of Excess
- Galactic Corruption: a map showing the impact of the Great Rift, from which the malign energies of the warp pour into realspace, with details of warp storms, Chaos strongholds and daemon worlds
- Chaos Rising: a brief history of major warp-based catastrophes and daemonic incursions – at least, the few that remain on-record...
- Background and details on each character and unit available to a Chaos Daemons army
- A showcase of beautifully painted Citadel miniatures, with example armies featuring everything from individual images of models to battle scenes on terrain.
Everything you need to get a Chaos Daemons army primed for games of Warhammer 40,000 is in here:
- 50 datasheets, providing rules for every Chaos Daemons unit and miniature
- Army abilities reflecting Chaos Daemons’ methods of war on the tabletop
- Daemonic Gifts: wargear both ranged and close-combat for use by Chaos Daemons
- Points values for all miniatures, weapons and wargear for use in Matched Play games
- The Eternal Hordes: rules for Battle-forged armies, including:
- 19 unique Stratagems – 7 usable by any Chaos Daemons and 3 each for Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch and Slaanesh
- 24 unique Warlord Traits: 6 each for Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch and Slaanesh
- Hellforged Artefacts: 15 weapons and artefacts available only to Chaos Daemons
- 21 psychic powers: 6 each for Nurgle, Tzeentch and Slaanesh, along with 3 Dark Hereticus powers for an army fielding Be’lakor
- 6 unique Tactical Objectives.
|Rulebook||Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition Rulebook|
|Codices||Space Marines • Chaos Space Marines • Grey Knights • Death Guard • Astra Militarum • Adeptus Mechanicus • Craftworlds • Tyranids • Dark Angels • Blood Angels • Chaos Daemons • Adeptus Custodes • Thousand Sons T'au Empire • Necrons • Drukhari • Deathwatch • Harlequins • Imperial Knights • Space Wolves • Gellerpox Infected • Elucidian Starstriders • Orks • Genestealer Cults • Vanguard Space Marines • Daemonkin • Chaos Space Marines Updated|
|Indices||Imperium 1 • Imperium 2 • Chaos • Xenos 1 • Xenos 2|
|Campaigns||Vigilus Defiant • Vigilus Ablaze • Shadowspear|
|Other||Apocalypse • Kill Team • Speed Freeks • Blackstone Fortress • Urban Conquest • Combat Arena • Chapter Approved (2017 • 2018)|
|Starter Sets||Dark Imperium • Know No Fear • Forgebane • Tooth and Claw • First Strike • Wake the Dead • Shadowspear • Wrath and Rapture|