Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress
Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress is a board game released by Games Workshop in 2018. It puts you in the heart of an unfolding mystery in the 41st Millennium. Working with your friends, you’ll use your wits to battle right to the heart of an ancient citadel, pursuing hidden agendas and attempting to discover its secrets. Using a system of procedural generation, no two adventures will be the same, with new layouts, enemies and more in every play through.
As vast and dark as a sunless void, the Blackstone Fortress is a creation far beyond the ken of any race in the galaxy. In this age of darkness, in a galaxy riven with strife and horror, the desperate and intrepid alike search this Fortress for long-lost technologies that may be used to turn the tide of war.
In Warhammer Quest Blackstone Fortress, you and your friends take on the role of a group of disparate explorers delving into the labyrinthine halls of a vast and ancient space station. Only by working together and balancing your strength and skills can you hope to survive. With each expedition, you will discover powerful archeotech and learn more of the Blackstone Fortress’ closely guarded secrets, including, perhaps, the location of its greatest treasure. The game can be played solo, or with up to 4 friends, with the fifth player controlling the hostiles. At the end of each expedition, the players return to the nearby port city of Precipice to rest, recuperate, and trade their loot for resources that will aid in their next adventure.
- 9 Explorers in red plastic: Janus Draik, Rogue Trader; Taddeus the Purifier, Ministorum Priest; Espern Locarno, Imperial Navigator; Pious Vorne, Missionary Zealot; UR-025, Imperial Robot; Dahyak Grekh, Kroot Tracker; Amallyn Shadowguide, Asuryani Ranger and the Ratling Twins, Rein and Raus
- 35 Hostiles in grey plastic: Obsidius Mallex, Chaos Lord; 2 Chaos Space Marines of the Servants of the Abyss; 4 Chaos Beastmen; 4 Ur-Ghuls; 4 Negavolt Cultists; 2 Rogue Psykers; 4 Spindle Drones and 14 Traitor Guardsmen.
See also : Miniatures (Blackstone Fortress)
The box contains 5 booklets full of rules, background and construction guides for the miniatures:
- A 16-page Rules booklet: this walks the player through games of Blackstone Fortress from setup to exploration, with explanations of special rules and a quick reference guide
- A 16-page Combat booklet: this contains all the rules for resolving combat during games, with easy to follow annotated examples and a quick reference guide
- A 24-page Precipice booklet: this details the actions that occur between expeditions, with your explorers resting and rejuvenating
- A 24-page Background booklet: this provides details on the Fortress, the explorers and the hostile forces they face
- A 16-page booklet of datasheets for using the included miniatures in games of Warhammer 40,000.
The box also contains everything you need to set up and play a game of Blackstone Fortress, including:
- 40 double-sided board tiles to create the internal labyrinths of the Blackstone Fortress
- 234 gaming cards
- 9 Stasis Chambers – safe places for characters to rest between explorations
- A Databank and a Hidden Vault
- 70 markers
- 28 dice.
- Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress - The Dreaded Ambull
- Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress - Traitor Command
- Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress - Escalation
- Blackstone Fortress Annual 2019
- Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress - No Respite
- Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress - Deadly Alliance
- Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress - Ascension
Blackstone Fortress Index
Every article leading up to the release of Blackstone Fortress were compiled by the Warhammer Community website in an online index, tackling the lore, gameplay and content :
- 1 : Warhammer Community : The Blackstone Fortress Awakens (04/11/18) (saved archive, dated 07/03/22, last accessed 07/03/22)]
- 2 : Games Workshop webstore : Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress (saved archive, dated 24/01/21, last accessed 07/03/22)
- 3 : https://warhammer40000.com/blackstone-fortress/ (saved archive, dated 03/01/22, last accessed 07/03/22)