|This article is about the the Titan Legion. For other uses of Crucius, see Crucius (disambiguation).|
|Warmongers redirects here. For other uses, see Warmongers (disambiguation).|
|Colour Scheme||Legion Info||Symbol|
|Founded:||Possibly pre-Great Crusade|
|Colours:||Black & White|
The Legio Crucius are known as planners and forward thinkers, renowned even among the logical Mechanicum. Long before the Horus Heresy, they were one of the first Legion's to study Titan vs. Titan combat.[6c] They are also one of the most well-equipped Titan Legions and maintain a garrison on several Forge Worlds and Adeptus Mechanicus outposts allied to Ryza, including Angstrom in the Maelstrom Zone. They have a long-standing reputation as savage city-breakers and world burners.
The Legion was part of the loyalist defenses at the Battle of Molech during the Horus Heresy.[6a] Its stronghold on Molech was the Iron Fist Mountain, situated at the rear of the planet's capital, Lupercalia.[6b] During this battle, Legio Crucius Titans were deployed to the coastal city of Leosta alongside the Knights of Houses Indra and Kaushik, the capital Lupercalia alongside the Legio Gryphonicus, and the Iron Fist Mountain as tactical reserves. By the time Lupercalia fell and the battle was won by the Traitor forces loyal to Horus Lupercal the Legio had suffered heavy losses, including the Imperator Titan Paragon of Terra.[6a]
Due to their allegiance with Angstrom, the Legio Crucius fought in the later stages of the Badab War. Fifteen Titans were deployed in three full maniples on Badab during the siege, commanded by High Princeps Cadmon Krom. Their primary task was to lay waste to the heavy defence points in Badab Primaris's hive cities and industrial areas, as well as crush any pockets of heavy resistance encountered along the way. Despite heavy resistance the Legio lost only three Titans, two of which were recovered during the chaotic retreat from the planet.
Third War for Armageddon
The Legio Crucius was one of the Titan Legions to fight in the Third War for Armageddon. Two weeks after the first Ork landings the Legio clashed with two Gargant mobs commanded by Warlord Burzuruk and Warlord Skarfang over control of the Diabolus Complex. After ten days of fighting 6 Titans, 8 Gargants and much of the Complex were destroyed. Many of the surviving warmachines needed months of repair before they could be deemed battle-worthy again.
Battle of Ryza
Defense of Hive World Kado
The Legio took heavy losses defending the capital Hive of Kado, from the forces of Chaos; when a hundred Slaanesh Hell-Knights infiltrated the Hive and attacked them from behind. Among the Titans destroyed was the Imperator Praeco Deictus.
- Praeco Deictus - Imperator Titan. Destroyed during the defense of Hive World Kado.
- Paragon of Terra - Imperator Titan. Piloted by Princeps Etana Kalonice. Destroyed by traitorous Knights of House Devine during the Battle of Molech.[6a]
- Deus Praesitor - Warlord Titan. Deployed during the Battle of Molech[6c].
- Hell's Daughter - Warlord Titan. Deployed during the Siege of Badab.
- Astramos Mortis Æternem - Reaver Titan. Deployed during the Battle of Molech[6c] and the Siege of Badab. Prime Engine of War Maniple Secutar.
- Primus Secutar - Reaver Titan. Deployed during the Siege of Badab.
- Wolfshead - Warhound Titan. Deployed during the Siege of Badab.
- Black Strider - Warhound Titan. Deployed during the Siege of Badab.
- Blood of Caldos - Warhound Titan. Deployed during the Siege of Badab.
- 1: Imperial Armour Volume Ten - The Badab War - Part Two, pgs. 50–51
- 2: The 3rd War for Armageddon (saved archive page, dated Dec 2014, last accessed 6 August 2015)
- 3: Warhammer 40,000 6th Edition Rulebook, pg. 202
- 4: White Dwarf 190 (UK), pg. 29
- 5: Vengeful Spirit (Novel)
- 6: Adeptus Titanicus: Doom of Molech