|This article is about the the anthology by Aaron Dembski-Bowden. For other uses of Armageddon, see Armageddon (disambiguation).|
|Series||Space Marine Battles|
Black Templars Chaplain Grimaldus leads the defence of Hive Helsreach, a city in the path of a massive greenskin force on the war-wracked world of Armageddon. Battle rages and the Black Templars win several vital battles, but as the ork numbers grow and the Imperial defenders dwindle, Grimaldus and his loyal Sword Brethren are forced into a desperate last stand that will test the Chaplain’s resolve and leadership to their limits.
- In the insert, two of the pages describe Grimaldus's Wargear and a selection of Black Templars artefacts. These pages contain multiple references to the long-running British science fiction television show Doctor Who:
- Grimaldus obtained his plasma pistol during the Battle of Alfava Metraxis (Alfava Metraxis is a planet featured in the 2010 episodes The Time of Angels and Flesh and Stone).
- The most recent stud embedded into the storm shield pictured in the Black Templars Artefacts was awarded following the Bessan Uprising (Bessan is a planet mentioned in the 2006 episode School Reunion).
- The blade pictured in the Black Templars Artefacts belonged to Sword Brother Borusa (Borusa was a recurring character across multiple stories in the 1970's and 80's).
- The bolter pictured in the Black Templars Artefacts was recovered from the fields of Trenzalor (Trenzalore, spelled slightly differently, is a planet important in a number of episodes from 2012-2013).
- 1: Black Library (site accessed 22 December 2018)
- 2: Helsreach (Novel) - Armageddon (Anthology), Interstitial within Chapter XVII, between pgs. 296-297