Flamers project a highly volatile liquid chemical (often Promethium) which ignites on contact with the air, throwing out a great blech of flame. Flamers have a short range, but is very effective against infantry.
Standard Flamer Patterns
- Mk.IIIa "Heretic" Pattern — A common pattern used by the Adeptus Astartes and Imperial Guard.
- Mk.IV Ultima Pattern — Used by the Adeptus Astartes Including the Raven Guard.
- Mark VII "Salamander" Assault Flamer — A popular variant in the Calixis Sector, it uss a lighter fuel mixture at higher pressures, with inert propellant gas mixed in. The firing barrel has a large, thin nozzle, resulting in a wider but less powerful spray.
- Absolution Pattern — Used by the Adeptus Astartes including the Salamanders.
- Accatran Pattern Mk Ic — Used by the Elysian Drop Troops[Needs Citation]
- Anoxis Burst Flamer — Shoots a quick pulse of fire designed more to frighten and repel than seriously injure.[Needs Citation]
- Cognis Flamer — A more advanced version of Flamer used by the forces of the Mechanicum, most notably Skitarii and Kataphron Servitors. This weapon is equipped with a Machine Spirit that continue to fire even when its wielder is distracted.
- Coldfire Pattern — Used by House Van Saar on Necromunda.
- Helios-Prime Pattern — Used by the Adeptus Astartes including the Space Wolves.
- Incinerati Sub-Pattern — Used by House Escher on Necromunda. Built by Hive Arcos.
- Nocturne Pattern — Used by the Salamanders.
- Phaestos Pattern — Used during the Great Crusade and Horus Heresy.[11a]
- Phaeton Pattern — Used by the Ultramarines.
- Atalan Incinerator — Used by Genestealer Cultists.
- Balefire Gun — Used by the Deathwatch.[26a]
- Chainsword-Flamer — Hybrid weapon used by Ecclesiarchy Missionaries.
- Clearance Incinerator — Mounted on Goliath Rockgrinder vehicles.
- Conflagration Cannon — Large Flamer used on Dominus Pattern Knights.
- Fire Pike — Short-ranged version.
- Flame Cannon — Large Flamer used on Cerastus Pattern Knights.[11b]
- Flame Gauntlet — Used by Primaris Aggressor.
- Flamestorm Cannon — Large Flamer used on Space Marine Tanks.
- Hand Flamer — Handheld version of Flamer.
- Heavy Flamer — Larger version of Flamer.
- Immolation Rifle — Used in the Calixis Sector.[26a]
- Incendium Cannon — Used by Space Marine Invictor Tactical Warsuits[4a]
- Incinerator — Used by the Grey Knights.
- Inferno Cannon — Large Flamer used on Imperial Guard vehicles such as the Hellhound.
- Inferno gun — Super-heavy Flamer used on heavy tanks and Titans.
- Pyreblaster — Long distance flamers used by the Black Templars.
- Sulphur Breath — Used by Serberys Sulphurhound Mounts.
- Flamer — Includes flame weapons used by other factions.
- 1: Warhammer 40,000: Wargear, pg. 23
- 2: Warhammer 40,000 6th Edition Rulebook, pg. 55
- 3: Codex: Imperial Guard (5th Edition), pg. 68
- 4: Codex: Space Marines (8th Edition, 2nd Codex)
- 5: Codex: Witch Hunters (3rd Edition), pg. 20
- 6: Codex: Adepta Sororitas (8th Edition), pg. 96
- 7: Imperial Armour Volume Nine - The Badab War: Part One, pg. 120
- 8: Imperial Armour Volume Ten - The Badab War - Part Two, pg. 70
- 9: Imperial Armour Volume Eleven - The Doom of Mymeara, pgs. 116
- 10: Imperial Armour Volume Eight - Raid on Kastorel-Novem, pg. 140
- 11: The Horus Heresy Book Four [Needs Citation]
- 12: The Horus Heresy Book Four - Conquest, pg. 137
- 13: Dark Heresy: The Inquisitor's Handbook, pg. 160
- 14: Necromunda: House of Artifice, pgs. 110-111
- 15: Codex: Imperial Guard (2nd Edition), pgs. 34-36
- 16: Warhammer Community: Coming Your Way This Christmas (Posted 12/23/2018) - (archived 3/10/2021) Last Accessed 3/10/2021
- 17: 2000 Citadel Complete Catalog, pg. 183
- 18: Games Workshop Witchseeker Squad (last accessed 3/10/2021)
- 19: Codex: Cult Mechanicus (7th Edition) — Weapons of Enlightenment
- 20: Games Workshop Kataphron Battle Servitors (archived 3/10/2021) (last accessed 3/10/2021)
- 21: Codex: Daemonhunters (3rd Edition), pg. 17
- 22: Dark Imperium (Novel), Chapter 18
- 23: Codex: Blood Angels (5th Edition), pg. 36
- 24: Imperial Armour Volume One - Second Edition: Imperial Guard, pg. 72
- 25: Apocalypse, pg. 124–125
- 26: Deathwatch: Rites of Battle
- 27: The Horus Heresy Book Five - Tempest, pg. 246
- 28: Psychic Awakening: Engine War, pg. 35
- 29: Rogue Trader: Into the Storm, pg. 114
- 30: Warhammer Community: The Blackstone Fortress Awakens (Posted 4/11/2018) (last accessed 3/10/2021)
- 31: Codex: Genestealer Cults (7th Edition) — Wargear of the Cults
- 32: Codex: Grey Knights (5th Edition), pg. 96
- 33: Codex: Imperial Knights (8th Edition), pg. 69
- 34: Necromunda: House of Blades, pgs. 112-113
- 35: Necromunda: House of Iron, pg. 112
- 36: Warhammer Community: Underhive Informant – Like Fire? Like Worshipping the Emperor? Then You’re in Luck (posted 4/13/2021) (last accessed 4/13/2021)
- 37: Warhammer Community: When It Comes to Burning Heretics With the Black Templars, Flamers Are So Last Millennium (Posted on 23/08/2021) (Last accessed on 23 August 2021)
- 38: Warhammer Community: When It Comes to Burning Heretics With the Black Templars, Flamers Are So Last Millennium (Posted on 23/08/2021) (Last accessed on 23 August 2021)
- 39: Warhammer Community: Horus Heresy Exemplary Battles – A New Mission and Free Rules for Dark Angels and Death Guard Squads (Posted on 17/01/2022) - The Battle of Perditus: Umbral-51 PDF - pg. 4 (Last accessed on 17 January 2022)
- 40: Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition), pg. 25
- 41: Blades of Damocles (Novel), Chapter Two
|Portable||Imperial Flamer • Fire Pike • Brazier of Holy Fire • Exterminator • Hand Flamer • Combi-Flamer • Flamestorm Gauntlet • Incendine Combustor • Warpflame Weapon|
|Heavy||Heavy flamer • Incendium Firepike • Incinerator • Atalan Incinerator • Flamestorm Cannon • Inferno cannon • Inferno gun • Incendium Cannon|
|Xenos||Ork Flame Weapons • Eldar Flamer • Dragon Breath Flamer • Tau Flamer • Phased Plasma-Flamer • Gauntlet of Fire • Flamespurt|