Order of the Bloody Rose
|Name:||Order of the Bloody Rose|
|Convent:||Convent Sanctorum (Ophelia VII)|
|Colours:||Blood red armour, black cloaks with white linings and black weapons[2b]|
The Order is based on Ophelia VII within the Convent Sanctorum and was founded along with the Order of the Sacred Rose by Ecclesiarch Deacis VI[2a] in honour of Sister Mina mid-M38[3a]. Their colours are blood red power armour and black cloaks with white linings. Their weapons are the same black as their cloaks.[2b] The Order is well known for their conviction to bring a swift end to their enemies similar to their patron saint. Consequently, Dominion Squads of the Bloody Rose are of particular renown, where their mission and the Order's convictions coalesce to make for ferocious assaults by these squads.
- Saint Aspira, eighteenth Canoness of the Order, led them against the heretic Denescura and liberated almost a hundred worlds from his power with only a thousand warriors[3b]. The Cloak of St. Aspira, worn by the Canoness in life, remains as a holy relic of the order[2c].
- The entire Order participated in the Therrix Suppression in 085.M41, at the time numbering 12 Battle Sister squads, 6 Retributor squads, 4 Dominion squads, 3 Celestian squads, and 1 Repentia squad. Additional support during the suppression was provided to the Sisters by a delegation of the Adeptus Ministorum. The Sisters were instrumental in scouring the hive of all heretics.
- In 424.M41 the battle sisters of the Order of the Bloody Rose were overrun on the Imperial shrine world of Idyll, by the Skullsworn. For doing so the Daemonkin summons a full Daemon cohort - it was the fifth cohort since the Heresy, they have brought forth of their chosen legion.
- The order now operates a full preceptory at the Shrine of the Seventeen Martyrs near Malfi in response to brewing religious conflicts in the Drusus Marches.
- The Order participated in the Vinculus Crusade of 833.M41 under the command of Canoness Jasmine, who was martyred while aiding High Marshal Ludoldus of the Black Templars in battle against daemon-possessed Inquisitor Vinculus.
- A squad of Seraphim led by Seraphim Superior Amelda defended Dimmamar in 858.M41 from a sudden attack by Eldar of the Craftworld Ulthwé led by Farseer Kauerith. Amelda killed the Farseer personally with a Bolt Pistol round to the head, though many of her squad fell to a storm of psychic lightning. No reason for the attack has been determined.
- About 999.M41 at the dawn of the 13th Black Crusade, Sister Julien, a retired Celestian who trained novitiate Sisters at the Schola Progenium on Perlia, fought alongside Ciaphas Cain against the forces of Chaos led by Warmaster Varan during the Second Siege of Perlia. She and most of her novitiates survive.
- Saint Aspira (Deceased)[3b]
- Seraphim Superior Amelda
- Sister Julien
- Canoness Jasmine (Deceased)
- Sister Assumpta
- Order of Our Martyred Lady
- Order of the Argent Shroud
- Order of the Valorous Heart
- Order of the Sacred Rose
- Order of the Ebon Chalice
- 1: The Inquisition, pg. 65
- 2: Codex: Sisters of Battle (2nd Edition):
- 3: Codex: Witch Hunters (3rd Edition):
- 4: Apocalypse, pg. 123
- 5: Dark Heresy: Blood of Martyrs, pg. 76
- 6: White Dwarf 379 (US), pg. 93
- 7: White Dwarf 382 (US), pg. 101
- 8: Cain's Last Stand (Novel) by Sandy Mitchell: Chapter Nine
- 9: Codex: Adepta Sororitas (6th Edition) pg. 12
- 10: Blood and Fire (Novella), Chapter 4, pgs. 28–29
- 11: Codex: Khorne Daemonkin (7th Edition), Slaughter Without End
- 12: Vigilus Defiant pg. 73
- 13: Codex: Eye of Terror (3rd Edition), pg. 16