Siege Dreadnoughts are a variant of Space Marine Dreadnought equipped for breaking through fortified enemy positions.
Siege Dreadnoughts are armed with an assault drill with a built-in heavy flamer on one arm and an Inferno Cannon on the other. The assault drill is designed to grind through defensive walls and bunkers. Once the wall is penetrated, the incorporated heavy flamer unleashes a torrent of flame that can engulf an entire bunker and incinerate anything within. The Inferno cannon uses huge amounts of fuel and is uncontrollable in its consumption so the likelihood of running out of fuel mid-battle is greater than on normal flame weapons.
Notable Siege Dreadnoughts
- Daeres - Red Scorpions 6th Company, fought in the Siege of Vraks.
- Herulian - Novamarines.
- Sura'kan Foehammer - Salamanders.
- 1: Imperial Armour Update 2006, pg. 11
- 2: Imperial Armour Volume Six pg.128
- 3: Imperial Armour Volume Two - Second Edition, pg.169
- 4: Imperial Armour Volume Nine pg.185