From Warhammer 40k - Lexicanum
(Redirected from Fusilave)
The Archaeopter is an aircraft used by the Adeptus Mechanicus.
A workhorse of the Mechanicum, the aircraft has been at the forefront of Tech-Priest expansion for millennia. The aircraft is an agile, fixed-wing aircraft. Piloted by a Pteraxii whose legs and scapuli superior are hardwired into its controls, the nano-carbon fibre-weave of the Archaeopter's wings is capable of morphing - a property it shares with Pteraxii flight packs. This affords great maneuverability and enables it to operate within changing pressures.
The Archaeopter's ancient design was eventually deemed holy enough to accommodate sub-roles, creating a number of variants.
- Transvector: Troop transport used for Explorator duties. Equipped with Cognis Heavy Stubbers.[3a]
- Fusilave: Bomber equipped with ground-penetrating tectomagnic bombs that cause seismic shock waves.
- Stratoraptor: Ground attack aircraft equipped with heavy Phosphor Blasters, twin Cognis Lascannons, and Cognis Heavy Stubbers.[3a]
- 1: Warhammer Community: Reveals From the Warhammer 40,000 Open Day! (Posted on 30/11/2019) (Last accessed 30 November 2019)
- 2: Warhammer Community: Engine War - Requisition Approved (posted 3/30/2020) (last accessed 3/30/2020)
- 3: Psychic Awakening: Engine War pg.33
- 3a: pg.40-42